What is bentonite
Bentonite is a type of plastic clay, coming from the lesion - conversion of the volcano ash. Consists from a group of minerals named smektikon and its main component is the montmorillonite mineral.
The name of bentonite comes from the location of Fort Benton, state of Wyoming in the United States of America, where it was first discovered.
Applications of bentonite
- In Drilling (acts as an abrasive of rigs and seals the walls of the borehole as well)
- In Foundries. Acts as the sand binder of the casting molds
- In industry (in clarification of edible oils)
- In the production of iron (as a binder in the pelletizing of iron ore)
- In sanitary sand (as adsorbent)
- In ceramics
- In pottery
- In the construction of building and insulating materials
The special properties of bentonite
- Great adsorption capacity
- High plasticity
- Ability to act as a binder
- Ion exchange capacity
- Thixotropy in viscous suspensions
How can I Buy Bentonite?
The process is very simple. In our company we have the flexible packaging sack of 25kg and pallets of a tone.
For any information or orders please contact us at +30 2310-780660 or fill out the interest form in order to contact you!